Test

Test Testy

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Term 2 begins

I was just reading the post by Chandan on the collaborative blog. Though I too got affected the term 1 results, I recovered pretty fast. To be honest I am not a grades person, rather I would like to focus on learning. If I get average marks, it is an indication for me that I need to do more catching up, that's all.

But the reason I couldn't post anything is that the Term 2 is more complex and interesting. The profs for MKDM and GLEC are very very good. In fact I am feeling intellectual stimulation. I am happy that I studied sociology. My thoughts about the interconnection of all the different parts of life, education and wisdom are proving to be in the right track. All the four courses that we did in Term 1 are required for each of the courses in term 2. Each subject utilizes the research in the other one. It is wonderful to be able to see the linkages.

I met an intern from J&J, Philippines. She was mentioning that there are many opportunities at J&J in HR. I'm keen in going to a different country and experience the similarities and differences first hand. I did work with people from different nationalities but it would be more interesting to work in different cultural settings. While I was doing my search for the ideal B-school, I got quite interested in Philippines as a place to work. I also realized that there are many consulting companies in Manila but not in India. They just have their back office operations in India. That way I think Philippines is a better place to work.

We are going to use simulation as a learning methodology this term. I was always interested in using simulation as a methodology in Corporate Training but have realized that the investment required may be huge. But considering that the life cycle of such a product will be long enough with very little competition it may be worth building. I'm sure some company is currently working in that direction.

I have instituted a daily regime in order to achieve all my goals while at ISB. I played tennis yesterday and I was able to hold the racket and could actually hit the ball. Who said you can't learn by watching TV? I am expecting this Term to be more hectic and therefore there may less number of posts. But I will try my best to keep posting

No comments:

Post a Comment