Test

Test Testy

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Cheat Sheet Economics

Having been in corporate training for more than 4 years, one major concern I always had was the effort put in by the participants. To make any learning effort successful, commitment and focus from the learner are very important but unfortunately those are the two commonly missing things. After coming to ISB I have realized few things and I think if properly adapted to corporate scenario can increase the ROI on Training immensely.

First self selection: All those who finally got in applied for the program. As it is self-chosen option the commitment levels are pretty high and people stretch much more than they would have done in their jobs.

Second, clear end benefit: Each of the students clearly know that by the end of the program they would get benefited. This belief gets reinforced every year.

Third, rigour and discipline: The rigor is so high that it needs discipline from the wildest of the people. The rigor and discipline is such a force that can bring in a dramatic change with ease.

Term end exams are good example of the rigor that we face. I have taken so many exams till now but the exams at ISB are totally different. For the stats exam we are allowed to carry a cheat but Prof. Richard Waterman, fro, Wharton, set a condition that the cheat sheet should be handwritten only. The process of preparing the cheat sheet has definitely benefit ted me. I think I managed to get all the summary of the 6 sessions into a A4 size sheet and while doing that more or less got my concepts right. Below are the cheat sheets that I have prepared.



No comments:

Post a Comment