Test

Test Testy

Thursday, June 14, 2007

3I model - Some interesting things happening around

Though I had immersed completely into the wold of MBA, I have realized the importance being connected with the Business World. After all that's where I am going to land up a year from now.

Sometime back (about 2 years) I have tried to summarize what could be the differentiators among individuals in the Business world, those who are working either for others' business or are doing their own business. After lot of filtering I came up with the 3I model. The three I's are:

1. Innovation
2. Initiation
3. Implementation

I had observed that most people are strong in one or two areas and therefore after a certain growth get stuck in the cycle. They someone else to help them complete the jobs they have started, or they need someone else to give ideas or someone to bring the ideas onto ground zero. But those who can do all the three things are the most successful ones, this is applicable for both individuals and organizations.

Among the three the most interesting one is the innovation part. A new idea is like a new flower that blossoms. It is beautiful and receives lot of attention but whether it would achieve its objective depends on many factors. Everyday individuals and companies come up with lots of ideas and only few of them are identified as winners and are initiated upon. Some of them become successful and most of them don't.

Some of the Web2.0 kind of innovations that I have come across in recent times are:

1.Jeff Bezos's new plan: Amazon's new direction: Point, click, make a product to sell to the world
2. Quick Start FedEx Kinko’sSM Print Online with Adobe®

I hope to track these two innovations and see how successful they would be.

Note: Ideas expressed above are completely mine. All the brand names belong to the respective corporations. I have come up with the model of 3I as a way to express my ideas and I request anyone who may want to use this model to quote this blog as the source. I would also appreciate any feedback how well this model explains the successful differentiation that individuals and corporations are able to do in their respective space. I would be very interested to know if there are any good examples for this model.

No comments:

Post a Comment