Test

Test Testy

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Meeting with the Dean

Today a bunch of us from Sec E met up with the Dean Mr. Rammohan Rao. This is a new initiative by Dean's office based on the inputs from Co 07. We had interaction on various topics for about an hour.

Topics included - How to reduce the focus from Placements to learning, How to utilize time at ISB, challenges in attracting resident faculty, plans of ISB (including the plan to increase intake from 09-10 academic year) and so on.

This is something that would be a surprise for those outside ISB. Most of the people whom I have met are not so concerned about the placements. They are confident about their prospects not because of last year's placements but because they believe in their capability. This set of people argue against highlighting and focusing too much on Placements.

Another aspect that creates a lot of peer pressure is the Grades. I have done well in all the four courses but now decided to follow a non-disclosure of grades policy. According to this I will not ask anyone his/her grade and will not reveal my grade. As I had proved myself for myself in Term and got a good understanding about my capability, I would like to focus more on learning from now on.

Midterms are coming again and it's time for us to start our Sr. Citizens study group activities.

Another initiative I have taken is to form a a HR focus group. Though I have not yet made up my mind about what is my exact career plan, I would like to keep HR as a focus area as I can leverage my past experience very well. Though I am pretty open to exciting opportunities, I have decided to take some time out after mid-term to identify the broad areas I may be interested in.

Though I have written some of the post-titles I am unable to spend that amount of time to come up with a good reading. But I haven't given up yet, I shall try to spend sometime during the next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. its heartening to see the focus in right direction. (its early days though!)--but you guys seem to be heading in the right direction.

    Best
    Venkat
    c/o 07

    ReplyDelete