Wednesday, August 17, 2011
1. Dr. Manmohan Singh
2. Mrs. Sonia Gandhi
3. Congress Party
4. Mr. Rahul Gandhi
5. Mr. Anna Hazare and associates
6. Opposition Party
7. General Public at large
Let's quickly review the facts:
1. People in general are frustrated with Dr. Manmohan Singh's silence and inaction. They expected that with a clear mandate, he will do some good things and improve the condition of the country. He has chosen to stay silent and inactive even when he needed to take action. He could've been a great President, watching everything, inspiring people and providing guidance but unfortunately he is sitting in the Prime Minister's seat and that is an executive position and he needs to act in some way - good bad or ugly.
He himself is confused and lost and will be very happy if there is solution to bail him out with minimum damage.
2. Mrs. Sonia Gandhi, it appeared initially, never wanted to have anything to do with politics especially after what happened to Indira and Rajeev. But it became compulsory for her to step in for two reasons - Congress Party men needed a Gandhi name to act in a sensible way else they were becoming mad, secondly she had to ensure that Rajeev's reputation and family fortune are protected and also ensure a good future for Rahul Gandhi
3. Congress Party: Congress Party agreed to Dr. Manmohan Singh becoming Prime Minister only because Sonia Gandhi decided so, else there was no way they would've been so peaceful. They have been watching all the smaller parties take all the juicy portfolios and squeezing away all the money. They are now restless as the "time in power" is ticking away while they are getting nothing with Manmohan conceding to other parties than to Congress Party and with Sonia Gandhi as the head of NAC, they can't really revolt against Manmohan. They have been patiently waiting for either Priyanka or Rahul to take over as Sonia has refused, which suited them earlier. Their only hope lies with Rahul now and they think he has been trained enough in the populist activities/actions
4. Mr. Rahul Gandhi would've happily settled in some foreign country enjoying a normal life had it not been for the Gandhi tag. He would've never asked for this but "luck" has placed him where he is. Unable to enjoy simple pleasures of life and having to do something political forcibly, he has been doing a reasonable job. He is still not ready and is not sure when he would be ready. He would've been happy had Priyanka agreed to lift the mantle but now he has no option. He looks innocent enough and has enough people around him to advise him that he would be able to handle the leadership for the remaining period of the 5 years if it is thrust upon him. He would never say give it to me.
5. Mr. Anna Hazare and his associates have grabbed the attention and curiosity of the frustrated citizens and have successfully got masses behind them. Mud slinging attempts of Congress have created some confusion in people but whenever they hear Satyagraha, people think, something good will happen. For now Mr. Anna Hazare and his associates want to win this battle while we really don't know which war they are actually fighting
6. Opposition Party, which is the BJP, we can say has no agenda. All they want to see is something happening and their leaders being able to make some comments.
7. Finally we have General Public at large, which is dissatisfied with what they are getting. Inflation is rising, interest rates are going up, and to be honest nothing seems to be working at the moment. Whatever good is happening, it is happening at random and they see that the government including the politicians and Bureaucrats are either doing nothing or are making life difficult for common man and are amassing large sums of money. There could be exceptions but this is the general view. They keep seeing big numbers being reported in print and electronic media but can't really figure how exactly it is impacting them but keep feeling the pain nevertheless. They want something good to happen, they want a new leader to come up and they want some affirmative action. They would like to see supply (production) side improvement to tackle inflation and not just simple rate increases by RBI, they would like to see transparency from all those who are in a position of power - politicians and bureaucrats alike, they would like to see education getting reinvigorated in some way, they would like to see how we as a Country are going to tackle increasingly alarming environmental problems and many more.
Now lets move to the solution:
Step 1: Dr. Manmohan Singh announces that he is resigning as Prime Minister as he is unable to do justice to the position and that he is open for all investigations as he has not benefited himself even by a rupee throughout his tenure as PM
Step 2: Mrs. Sonia Gandhi welcomes the bold move of Dr. Manmohan Singh and invites him to be a part of the NAC and continue providing his services to the country in a consultative way
Step 3: Congress elects Rahul Gandhi as the Prime Minister and Rahul Gandhi accepts this while announcing his plan for the remaining tenure
Step 4: Rahul Gandhi as the new PM announces that the suggestions of Anna Hazare and associates would be accepted without any major changes
This solution will satisfy the objectives of all the seven parties for the moment and if all the parties make sincere effort will lead to a win-win future for India
Thanks for your patient reading. Jai Hind
After a long time I have decided to start blogging again, thanks to my teachers for guiding me to clarity. I have almost stopped blogging due to lack of clarity but this time I expect to do a good job. Two topics I would like to quickly touch are:
How Congress can respond to the Anna situation in a win win way
Why Mba is not mandatory for your success
Looking forward for your feedback
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
This is a reasonably good development for those who have access to email but it is highly restrictive to those who have limited access to email and highly discriminative to the illiterate.
Cost reduction efforts are great but this is an area service providers need to keep in mind. Explaining a service issue itself was a great challenge and now if one has to articulate, imagine the difficulty. If the issue is hot brought out properly, there is a good chance of getting a standard reply defeating the whole purpose.
I can't even imagine taking someone's help to write such mail in case I'm illiterate and lack of writing email in native language makes it further difficult.
Hope someone is reading and taking note of this feedback
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
From: AK Rao
Date: Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Subject: HNY 2011
"Set and Forget"
Isn't that the typical approach to New Year Resolutions?
Before we consider a 7-part solution, lets start with the top 7 reasons why New Year Resolutions fail:
With past failures comes pessimism, learned helplessness and negative expectation of life desires being little more than hopes and dreams without belief or conviction.
Having no greater sense of life direction or meaning to help steer daily choices, resolutions exist as 'floating islands' in the sea of life's distractions.
A lack of a system, no solid plan-of-action, leaves resolutions as nothing more than wishful thinking.
Rational priorities are overpowered by conflicting emotional priorities – such as the instant gratification of overeating delicious ice cream vs. the struggle and hardship of eating sprouts and drinking carrot juice.
Lack of discipline, thought and control. i.e. Plain old-fashioned laziness.
Circle of friends that drag us down discourage us from achievement, maintaining the status quo of mediocrity.
Economic troubles and political uncertainty with forced-backed regulation acts as an invisible hand that drains success and limits the globe's progress as a whole.
But if we can flip these 7 factors right side up we will have cracked the code to…
Keeping New Year Resolutions
1. 1. Projection
A positive attitude that:
"I am capable of learning how to achieve each resolution".
Mind-map showing the top 10 New Year resolutions of both 2009 and 2010 according to Franklin Covey research, and the 5 life categories they can be grouped under:
Turn negative expectation and pessimism into positive expectation and optimism.
Create positive expectation for success by building the confidence to succeed via the following 6 factors…
· This list of resolutions is significant milestones to my greater long-term life direction and purpose.
· Making resolutions is usually one of the most significant things that people do for their lives, their families, their success and their happiness each year.
· After all, New Year resolutions signify some of the most critical, irritating, depressing addictions or problems in the majority of people's lives.
· But to help them stick, they must be integrated with a personal overall life values and greater sense of long-term ambition.
· This helps provide the emotional fuel needed to make behavioral and lifestyle changes.
· Writing out thoughts can do this and feelings to capture on paper your views and perspectives on yourself and your life. This can take a long time, but you are worth the time it takes.
· I have a simple yet comprehensive method for creating a clear plan-of-action for each and every New Year resolution
· Create a way to break each resolution into a series of logical next steps.
· Here's the general plan for keeping New Year resolutions:
o Jot down clear, precise statements of my resolutions.
o Pre-plan the landmarks to achieve each goal destination.
o Maintain my enthusiasm and dedication.
o Set up my efforts with memory joggers and simple next steps.
o Review progress and adjust the plan accordingly.
· It isn't brain surgery but it's not so effortless either. Otherwise everybody would always accomplish his or her resolutions.
· The biggest difference between success and failure comes from what most people carry out which is basic Goal Setting vs. creating a genuine plan of action through something I call Processing.
· W E Demming – a very influential corporate guru, said: "If you can't describe what you're doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing."
· Setting goals means identifying something you want. Processing means developing a step-by-step method to attain a goal.
· If you have a specific procedure for how to complete something, naturally you will be a lot more optimistic, and can go ahead and take steps to achieve the resolution.
o TRY to maintain minimal confidence about doing something, when doing that something is simply a string of straightforward next-step physical actions visibly laid out for you in writing.
o You'll find yourself having a lighter mental state, better outlook, and not because of any inspiring peak performance fluff, but due to the fact that you'll own a process of achievement and not merely a list of wishful thinking.
· I prioritize my entire lifestyle so that the New Year resolutions fit in with the rhythms of my daily life.
· You don't only need a process for each resolution, but all resolutions must fit neatly enough into your overall lifestyle so that your path of least resistance leads you to success.
· What in your life must be re-designed to fulfill your aspirations?
· I work to develop sufficient willpower to maintain any effort or discipline I need for achieving each resolution.
· Let's be real. New year resolutions are possible with this 7-factor approach, but that doesn't mean they're easy.
· It's hard to give yourself permission to take enough time to choose your resolutions, plan them out, factor them into your lifestyle, and then make efforts to take the first step, and each next step, until they are all done. But it's the only way.
· My circle of friends are developed or replaced by people that can encourage and support me in the direction I wish my life to take this year.
· You may have heard that your income probably matches the average income of your 5 closest friends?
· Likewise: If you want to get fit, get healthy, improve your finances, spend more time with family, and so on, then having friends that are traveling the same positive journey as you will help you stick to yours.
· Damn be those politicians bankrupting our economy and I will play my part to vote the bastards out so our civilization can pursue it's great technological rise into prosperity and harmony.
· Empower yourself with knowledge by reading from liberty and reason oriented info sources such as Cato Institute, Reason Magazine, Twelve Visions Party, Wikileaks, etc.
Keeping New Year Resolutions – The Bottom line:
· If you want the best opportunity of attaining your New Year resolutions in 2011 be sure to go way beyond the easy first step of listing things you would like manage the 7 factors of projection, purpose, process, prioritization, procrastination, people, and politics.
· Take the time and trouble to define in maximum detail exactly how you want life to be and the step-by-step details of each resolution this year.