Test

Test Testy

Sunday, April 1, 2007

ISB Hyderabad Alum meet

We, Hyderabad ISB admits for 07-08 have got into a habit of regular meets and this time for a change we have been invited by the alumni to ISB for an Alum meet. The whole thing is organized by Sagar Agrawal, Co2006.

As expected most of Hyderabad admits turned up sharp at 5 PM. Initially there were only few alum but slowly they trickled in. We had a round of intros. We had one alum from the founding batch and most of the others were from 2005 and 2006 batch. Surprisingly some of them could remember me and even recalled ongo-pongo. While I was with Middle Earth Consultants, Hyderabad, for three years consecutively, from year 2003, we had conducted some team building activities for the incoming batches and I was a coordinator cum facilitator for one group. It always happened in April and in blazing sun.

Nitin, principal consultant, Middle Earth is regularly in Newspaper articles these days. Last Sunday it was in Times of India, it even carried my picture (read my previous pot - http://meyouandwe.blogspot.com/2007/03/two-more-weekends.html) and this Saturday it was in the local daily - Eenadu. Both of them were about outbound and adventure based training.

From what I know there will be about 425 students this time at ISB. Last year it was 418. I also had a look at the studio apartment. Couple of others who accompanied me were not so thrilled but I found it good enough. I can understand their feeling after listening to so much praise for the ISB infrastructure.

The Andhra Bank loan process is completed. I was little happy to note that the interest rate is hiked only by 0.25% this year despite a lot of increase in rates for other loans including home loans. ISB's tie-ups are pretty good and I'm sure ISB must have assured all these banks so that they can provide loan without collateral, which makes life very easy.

I'm expecting that the average GMAT scores of admits this year may increase a little from last year's 705 or may be to 710 or stat at 705. Nevertheless the competition this year was much more than last year. As one of the current batch student blogged, every incoming batch is becoming better than the previous batch. The alum from the founding batch, Mr. Kamal Narang who runs Capmark in Hyderabad, was mentioning that people had even doubts whether there was at least a building existent and some of them managed to sneak in wearing safety helmets pretending as site engineers.

Another I have done is creating a flickr account to upload all the pics. The link is http://flickr.com/photos/7618008@N06/441571903/

No comments:

Post a Comment