Test

Test Testy

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Short weeks and long weekends

When one of the Alum mentioned that we will look forward for the week rather than the weekend, most of us didn't believe that. But now after 5 weeks we will swear by it. In Term1 we have classes only from Monday to Thursday and we have no classes on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Initially I planned to do lots of things during the weekends but now after 5 weeks I think I have to change my plan totally. Most of the time on weekends we spend in completing the assignments and during the week we spend time to catch up with whatever was covered on that day.

It's not that it is very difficult but you cannot take your eyes off even for a second. The elections for GSB president happened today and I voted for the guy who I felt had some proactive ideas. I think he is gonna win, but I don't have any idea what he is going to really achieve.

Out senior students study club has definitely benefited me, thanks to all the other memebers. We are going to continue with the effort in future too. Though we have an official study group, it is sometimes important that you have others who go at your pace and understand your troubles. Empathy is the key word.

Something interesting happened yesterday. During the day it was very hot and after the classes we all moved to our SV's and suddenly at around 9 PM it started raining heavily and the weather suddenly changed. At around midnight despite the rough rain and the wind a bunch of people came out from the comfort of their quads and studios and moved in a resolving way to SV1. They reached E5 and pushed the bell. Few seconds later the Birthday boy came out and was literally shocked to see the resolved group. The group took him from there to the pool where there were another 20 odd waiting to dunk him. It was Puneet Sakhuja's Birthday and it was time for dunking. Sec E did it again, the enthu and energy were tested but the section withstood the test. Anant Jhawar who scored the highest in the class got dunked and so were many others including me for different reasons. Then we came out, sang the Birthday song and then smeared the cake all over the face of Puneet. While returning back we were discussing the market for a cake with green papaya extract for purposes like this. It would not only serve the purpose but would also have an additional utility of acting as an exfoliant.

This is the last free weekend in Term 1 and next week we would be ferociously reading all the books, notes and whatever else we have and getting ready for the Term 1 final exams. This week is going to be further demanding as we need to catch up with everything that happened till now and whatever would be covered next week. At this stage I can say that I have become much better in statistics and economics. Marketing is untested but I am confident of ding well, financial accounting is the only subject that I need to prepare well.

I have decided to go take some time out for myself and go for a swim. Let me not further prolong this post. Happy weekend to you all and best of luck for all those preparing for GMAT and those who are taking their GMAT this week.

2 comments:

  1. Ur blogs really keep updated about ISB's life. They further add to the list of reasons to study hard to get into ISB.

    Keep blogging, its nice to read them !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachana,

    It's worth it to be at ISB. Do study hard and be here at ISB next year. Best of luck from my side.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete