Test

Test Testy

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Rock E, Rock EEE

That's our section slogan and it seems to be working. From what I hear. all the otehr sections are envying us now. All the dunking sessions have seem lot of aatendance and ethusiasm. There were atleast 30 from the section for each dunkind and all the Birthday Boys and Girls really seemed to have enjoyed that.

This Friday we had a blood donation camp and section E's contribution has been the maximum. There was a flood of mails praising each other and at one point I started feeling that it is reachig slight overdose but then as long as it is praise no one is complaining.

We had our first monthly Birthday Party and I would like to specially mention SP who was the key organizer. These kind of things normally don't appeal to me but offlate I have realized the importance of having fun but unfortunately I am not good at setting up these things. Now I really appreciate the enthusiasm and ability of these people who are truly into making things fun and enjoyable.

One of the key points that were revealed in the 360 degree feedback is about my task oriented behavior. I always believed that I am very friendly with people and get along with others pretty quickly and easily. The feedback clearly bought out that I netwrok very wel and maintain personal relationships very well but when it comes to professional relationships I focus mostly on the task. After reading the feedback I could see exactly the same thing happening. When I meet someone I try to see the good things in the person and try to learn new things from that person. Learning need not be about business, skills etc but mostly my interests are about culture, values, religon, customs, beliefs and so on. But when it comes to any project or work I start evaluating people and often I feel they are not meeting the mark and this leads to certain amount of criticality in me and I can't appreciate them at that point.

This is one aspect of my behavior that I am trying to work on. I really cannot see what is the right behavior, but I surely know that there are certain things that I need to change. I need to find a mentor to help me on this. May be I should write to RV or DI or RJ about this. I will do it today.

I want to end this post on a positive note and here is the Sec E's birthday cake for the month of May for you. Have a bite:

No comments:

Post a Comment