Test

Test Testy

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's a cycle and it starts again

Last year around the same time, I started writing queries to the isb-pgp yahoo group to understand how am I places to get admission into ISB. As you all know it's that time of the year when people start getting geared up for their GMAT and then to the applications. Behind each aspirant you would find ambition, dreams, calculations and even frustrations before they decide to go to a B-school while having a successful career.

Life is all about learning, learning what has already been learnt by the human race, at temptingto use that learning to handle present situation and trying to see what is going to come and trying to see if we can add something to the comon body of knowledge.

The message from Prof. Stine reminded me again that the human race has been successful because it has been able to form societies and successfuly support the common objectives. It is important to keep in mind that whenever you succeed in soething, sharing the success and rewards with everyone is what keeps this human society going. It is important that we expand our circle from - me, my family, my extended family, my friends, my caste, my religion, my village, my town, my type to my society and then my co-inhabitants, my ecology ad then to my earth. As of now I can't think beyond my earth, though, may be there is something even beyond.

Another thing I was mulling over was, what's the difference between learning from an expert and an ordinary prof. At ISB we have the the profs who are experts in their field and this question came back to me. From what I have seen, it's the macro perspective that they can give, the clarity that they provide, the wide exposure they have and also the fact that they gave so much for the subject instead of just trying to earn a livelihood, matters a lot. I fell this is what is you miss in the corporate world. There are only very few who give their everything for the cause. May be the corporate cause is not that appealing or may be it is not clear to all those involved.

It is important for all of us to realize that we are living a life and that itself is something great and that whatever we do is not done in vaccuum and therefore affects everything as a whole.

At ISB, we have finished the first half of the first term. We are more or less in an isolation from Hyderabad and we are on a mission. Things are moving pretty fast and in the right direction too. I am getting a feeling that I'm getting into the groove and slowly started enjoying whatever is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment