Test

Test Testy

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Key word searches

Using the stat counter I track the kind of key word searches that lead to my blog. It is frustrating to see that after getting search results you don't really get any further information. So I have decided to add some details about each of the key words that were searched on google:

1. rao korupolu: Rao and I are in the same section - Section E. Rao has lot of experience in IT and was with Oracle before joining ISB. He has been elected as the General Management club president. In general people say that Rao is a calm, composed,mature and credible person. Due to the kind of exposure and balance he brings to the table, people generally take him seriously and respect him easily. Rao is in the same student village as I am and we generally go to the classes together and sometimes do combined studies. I observed that Rao works very hard and is focused on studies apart from the club activities. Rao is from Hyderabad and I met him once before joining ISB
2. ratnakar gore: I met Ratnakar in December for the first in the Hyderabad admits group. He takes a lot of initiative and was one of those highly active admits on the orkut and microsite. Ratnakar again is from IT background and has significant managerial experience. I can now say that Ratnakar is a good friend of mine. During term 1 we did a lot of combined studies. Ratnakar has been elected as the Business Technology Club, which has the highest number of active members. He is a highly mature, down-to-earth and social person.

3. rajeev bharadwaj queen's mba: I and Rajeev met during the ISB admissions phase. Subsequently Rajeev got admission from Queen's and decided to go to Canada. I have been in regular touch with Rajeev since then. He too is from IT background and has a significant work experience. He is very passionate about business and management.

4. pgpx, no essays: Apart from ISB I applied to IIM-A PGPX as well. The advantage of applying to pgpx is that you don't have to pay any application fee and you need not write the essays till you are shortlisted. Only shorlisted are supposed to write essays. Though I applied to this course, later I decided to stick with ISB considering various factors (personal and career)

5. is 690 in gmat good enough? I scored 690 and did get admitted. 690 is good enough if you have other significant things such as, work experience, diverse industry experience or significant achievements. If you are banking on your academic performance as a differentiator your GMAT score should be higher than 720. So, whether GMAT score of 690 is enough or not depends on the other aspects of your candidature

6. isb 2008 essays topics: I didn't check what the essays are but got an idea from the yahoo group. While writing essays keep in mind that you application, CV, evaluations and essays should present a consistent, and coherent picture about you. The amount of effort you put in into your essays is correlated to the level of seriousness you have. If the seriousness is displayed in the interview too, then your chances are bright. My suggestion is, don't worry what the topic is, just write the essays honestly in a way that you can relate to your life, career and your personality. Take help from others only in fine tuning language and structure but notfor the basic idea. The idea must be yours.

7. isb ideal student profile: There is no ideal student profile. As far as I have seen there is so much diversity that you find people with exact opposite backgrounds are here. But some common aspects are that you find them brilliant, focused, multi-faceted ad highly competitive.

I hope i provided some information on each of the key words. Hasta manyana

1 comment:

  1. I was casually searching something on ISB student profile and came across your blog. I liked the way you wrote. I am planning for 2008-09 class and planning to apply in cycle 2.

    ReplyDelete