Test

Test Testy

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Two posts pending

Lot of interesting things happened yesterday and today. I want write in detail but I don't have my notes with me right now. So I shall note down the highlights and then before this weekend post full details.

Yesterday, 13th Feb: Modernity in Indian Context, a talk by Dr. Prakala Prabhakar.

I know Dr. Parakala Prabhakar from two fronts - One I watch a telugu program called “Prathidhwani” on ETV2 in which he is the moderator of debates and Two, I met him at a CII conference. From what I had seen I felt that he is a great orator, he modulates very well and can carry on any kind of discussion in a very balanced way. All in all he is a fantastic speaker.

Dr. Parakala Prabhakar is a doctorate from the London School of Economics (LSE).

He has done his M.A., and M.Phil., from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi

His thesis was on the political economy of security doctrines of the developing countries. It is a tri-continental study, which examines Brazil, Ghana, and Indonesia as case studies.

While pursuing his PhD, he also taught at the LSE to the undergraduates. During the same period he has authored a paper titled 'the structure of International Society’.

He has lectured at several universities and research institutions in many countries. England, USA, Germany, France, Belgium, Singapore, Malaysia, Maldives, Italy, Netherlands, are some of them.

He was a member of the Task Force that helped formulate the Tenth Five Plan for India
He is presently heading a research organization called Centre for Public Policy Studies (CPPS). It is an independent research and policy consultancy firm based in Hyderabad. UNICEF, UNDP, WTO, ILO, state and union government departments are some of its clients, besides several corporate organizations.

The talk was fantastic and I need to post it separately. But I definitely got inspired to start learning Sanskrit. Why, I shall explain in the next post.

Today, 14th Feb: Potential to Performance in IT and ITes, Panel Discussion. Speakers were -
1. Dr. Prasad, Advisor, TCS,
2. Mr. Ratan Tipirneni, CEO and Founder IP Touch, Inc
3. Mrs. Sheela Reddy K, Group Head - HR, Maytas Holdings Pvt. Ltd
4. Mr. Srihari Krishna, Manager - Risk, GE Money Servicing
and I was the moderator cum speaker
Location: Satya Sai Nigamagamam, Srinagar Colony, event: Sui Generis, organized by Vivekananda School of PG Studies, Srinagar Colony.

The program got delayed by more than one hour but I definitely enjoyed the whole experience. It reaffirmed my belief that whatever your opinion is, don't stop yourself, just go there and let yourself go through the experience. The points made by the speakers, the questions by the students and after the discussion one student coming to me and asking me to give an autograph were all fascinating. I rejected to give an autograph but gave him my mail ID.

This event too would need another separate post. At the end I could meet two achievers - Mr Ratan and Mrs. Sheela Reddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment