Test

Test Testy

Monday, February 12, 2007

ISB Hyderabad Admits meet

Yesterday we had a ISB Hyderabad R1 and R2 admits. There were about 18 admits but I fell there are another 5 to 10 who couldn't make it yesterday.

It was suppposed to start at 6:00PM and I reached there at 5:30 to meet my collegaue from Ivy before the meet starts. To my surpirse I already found four of them already there. Sravanthi, as the organizer of this meet obviously took it seriously and made a lot of effort to see that everything is smooth.

This colleague of mine, Rajender, was in Technical recruiting at Ivy and during the 15 months he was there, he worked on niche requirements and achieved very good success. After the Ivy saga, he has decided to start on his own and try his luck. These days techincal recruiting is highly attractive and rewarding, if you do it right. He wants to try it for three months and assess where he is going. He is also looking for a B-school admission after two to three years.

Coming to meet four of us from the original Hyderbad group - Sravanthi, Arun, Gajanan and me, were there. Apart from us, Sireesha - International applicant, Nidhi, Gowri, Ashish, Jagan, Ratnakar, Karthik, Arjun, Saujanya (R2 waiting for the result), Sumithi, Senthil, Anand and Gaurav were present. I have posted the pictures on the ISB class of 2008 blog - http://isbclassof2008.blogspot.com/. Just now I have realised that I missed posting one of the picture, which i will post in the evening.

It was a completely diverse group with people from IT, Auto, insurance, petroleum, finance, and pharma. Everyone enjoyed and one of the R2 admit who was indecisive at the beginning about accepting the admission decided to accept by the end of the meet. Such was the energy and enthusiasm.

We had multiple rounds of intros as people were coming late and we had to start again and again. People at CCD started wondering what is going on as we shuffled the whole coffe day thrice and occupied almost 1/2 of the space. Someone enquired if it was a bloggers meet :)

The meet definitely pumped in lot of energy into all of us.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kiran,

    I am Punit,an ISB aspirant..I landed up on your blog through a google search about ISB. I wanted to ask you a few questions about ISB which are not easy to find online. I tried to contact you through linkedin, but there is no way without paying real dollars!! If you think you will ever have time, can you leave me a note with your most preferred address and I will email you back. punittttttvora@yahoooooo.com (please remove the extra t's and o's...want to save my address from spammers.. :)) . thanks in advance! and good luck with ISB

    ReplyDelete