Test

Test Testy

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A conversation between an ISB aspirant and a round one admit, part 1

While I was preparing for GMAT and again while I was writing my essays, ISB student blogs were the only source of inspiration for me. I specifically searched for blog posts that can give me some clues about what goes on in the minds of applicants and what their decision making process could. Though I started writing this blog for more general purposes, I have realized that most people would read this bolog for similar information that I have searched for earlier. Few time I though that may be I should post in detail the whole process but again felt that it would be too mechanical or even technical as I felt that most of my emotions have faded away.

Only way I relive them is when someone asks me my view. That gives me an opportunity to relook at the reasons why I think I got admission. Yesterday I have recieved a mail from Mr. Raj. As soon as I saw the mail I immediately replied to him in detail and towards the end got an idea that may I can post the conversation on this blog. I request his permission to post his part of the conversation to which he agreed readily. Below is the mail sent by Raj. The next post is my reply. I have written the mail as a reaction, therefore I have not done any re-writing or structuring and I hope that this post to a great extent reflects my thinking.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
from raj ch Feb 20 (13 hours ago)
to kiran.aalla@gmail.com date Feb 20, 2007 9:05 PM
subject Hey kiran ... Can you pls suggest me dude mailed-by gmail.com

Sup Kiran !!
This is Raj Ch . I am working in USA (IT) . I am seroiusly planing for an entry into ISB 2009-2010 batch.

I know its a long way to go , but Ya want to start of preparing for GMAT.

I have some Q's that i think u will answer .

My undergrad was in ECE( I worked for 6 months as a TSR in DELL coz my project was minute and we finished in just 1.5 months) and then I went to Australia ( MS in Microelectronics , I worked in a call center her as well but it was into client relations operation team/Lead) and then Now in USA( workign as a business Analyst)

I just started a small consulting firm and I have some huge plans in the coming 3-4 years.

first up do u think I have a chance ?? secondly is IT a hedge to get through ?? and finally GMAT ( I guess I need to score around 740 to get through aint it??) Your help is greatly appreciated ..

Ciao~
Raj Ch

No comments:

Post a Comment