Test

Test Testy

Monday, February 5, 2007

Sudden Explosion - Stress Management

Thank god that I applied in R1, otherwise it would have been a roller-coaster ride. So many issues cropped up suddenly and with everyday passing the D-Day is coming closer.

But all my previous experiences indicate to me that everything is going to be fine - "This too shall pass." The golden words that help me to calm down. Yesterday I was reading "Necessary but not Sufficient," by Eliyahu Goldratt and I came across something nice. I am reproducing the the small portion for you:

She sighs, and thinks about the duck picture on the wall of her personal office. Scott gave it to her as a reminder of how to get through situations just like these. Stay calm on the surface, but paddle like crazy underneath.

Nice analogy. I am also trying to practice this. Earlier I did get through many situations but the whole thing used to to show on my face, but slowly I think I am learning to to behave like a duck. There is no difference in the effort, I am as paranoid as earlier, but I'm able to stay calm these days.

1 comment:

  1. hi,

    Thank You posting this ...

    It is a nice way to think... I appreciate the clear and eassy way the author put it.

    it will help me too...

    ReplyDelete