Test

Test Testy

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Thanks to all those who helped in my journey on the Road to ISB

It's about three weeks now that I got to know that I have been offered admission to ISB Hyderabad, PGPM program, but the exuberance has not died down yet. There were also certain moments when I felt am I doing the right thing - Taking a break from a well took off career, taking a loan of 15 lakhs not for buying a house but for education that too at the age of 31 when everyone around seems to be buying a house and settling down, but I crossed the rubicon long back, so there is no looking back.

I want to thank many people who directly and indirectly helped me in this journey, without their help I would not have been able to pull it off.

I went through many ups and downs in this journey that stated from seeing an advertisement about IIM - A's PGPX program in 2005. In fact I get amused the way my thoughts took a 90 degree turn. At the beginning I didn't even consider ISB thinking that it is highly expensive. I felt PGPX, which costed 8 lakhs in 2005, is more economical and within reach for me. I even thought ISB is for younger lot and I may not fit there. But with detailed analysis, personal visits and meetings, based on suggestions and points shared by alums of both schools, I finally zeroed in on ISB and I am pretty happy the way things shaped up.

Let me put down the names of those who helped me in a chronological sequence:

1. Mr. Nitin Sanker, Principal Consultant, Middle Earth Consultants, IIM- C alum
2. Mr. Ranjan Jain, Director HR, Ivy Comptech, XIM Alum
3. Mr. N. Jagannadham, VP, GTL
4. Mr. Aveena Gudapati, Senior Vice President, Visions System Group, Columbia Business School Alum
5. Mr. Devarajan Iyer, HSBC bank, ISB Alum
6. Dr. Sravan Kumar Dasoju, Associate Director HR, Sierra Atlantic Inc, Ex- IPE and ASCI
7. Mr. Ravi Vadapalli, Global Head - Learning and Development, Virtusa, ISb alum
8. Mr. Narayanan K, Current batch - ISB
9. Mr. Ajay Kumar, Current batch - ISB
10.Mr. Rohan Kashyap - Executive HR, Infosys
11.Mr. Govind, IAS aspirant
12.Mr. Chandrasekhar - Princeton Review Verbal Faculty
13. Ms. Ritu Raj, Sr. Executive HR, Sapient Bangalore
14. Mr. Rummy Sharma, Writer and Trainer on Global Business Etiquette

I hope I haven't forgot anyone who helped me. Apart from help there were many others who blessed me and wished for my success about whom I will post next.

Each one of them have helped me in different ways though they didn't have any stake in my success. This highlights that even today in the busy world there are so many great people who willingly support you. I gain immense confidence and happiness when I think about this aspect and inspires to take up bigger challenges and dream big.

No comments:

Post a Comment