Test

Test Testy

Sunday, January 7, 2007

One Week of adventure, learning and celebration

Last week has been a great eventful week - I had been to Pegasus Institute for a training program along with 14 other colleagues.

Today the 4th ISB Hyderabad applicants Yahoo group meet at Barista happened. There were 11 of us - 5 ISB R1 admits, 3 R2 applicants, 2 2008 applicants, and one Queen's Canada admit. It was diverse group and we had lot of fun, discussions and tried to help each other. Before I got the admit one of the group member asked me for some guidance and I replied to her saying that I cannot guide unless I do something, go through the experience and then go through failure and success. Now after I have gone through one failure and success I have qualified myself to guide anyone in need on GMAT, B-School application, Essays, Interview preparation, dress code for interview etc. As I freely provided my mobile number I had lots of queries. Last week I met one Marine Engineer with 12 years experience, today one guy from Satyam called reg GMAT and few others are in touch through mail. Being an expressive and analytical guy I can't really control myself from giving a structure advice to all those who request for it. I hope they get benefited and later help others who need it.

The 3-day training program at Pegasus at Gauribidanur was really fantastic. I think I have made at least three/four very good friends. The trip was full of surprises right from the time I started from office, immediately after boarding the train and then throughout the three days. But as it turned out all the surprises were pleasant. Three days actually went off in three minutes. Fantastic environment, very good company, excellent food and exciting experience is what I can summarize these three days as.

We had actually built a raft and 6 of us paddled it without sinking successfully. Though all parts of my body are aching I enjoyed it so much. We also did rappelling, dynamic obstacle course and few other complex exercises and each one of them was very good.

I leaned some good points about myself. I could revisit some of my beliefs about self and could identify the areas I need to reinforce, change and continue doing. Experiential learning is definitely one of the very powerful methodology and can anchor development initiatives very well.

I have to figure out how to post pictures and videos so that I can post some.

Overall it was a great start to the New Year 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment