Test

Test Testy

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Saaga of long weekends

The saga of long weekends ends for this year at least for me. Since the good news of getting admission into ISB broke on Dec 15th, I had been having a series of long weekends,first it was Christmas, then New year, then Sankranthi and the latest Republic Day. All these long weekends definitely made me more lazy. Earlier when I used to work for 6 days, I used to enjoy my Sunday much more than now. Anyways 2007 till now has been a different year than the last five years and I'm sure it will be different in every other sense too in the coming days.

Anyways I'm now waiting for ISB adcom to announce the loan packages from different banks and nothing much is happening.

Today one of my evaluators - Mr. Nanduri Jagannadham, VP, GTN Industries is moving into his new house and I am going for the gruhapravesham in an hour from now. From there I will go to one of my friend, P.G.Venkateswaran's house. He was neighbour during the early years of my career, during 1995-96. He is at least 10 years older than me but we shared a very good understanding and developed a very good friendship. He works for a bank and he has promised to help me in getting the educational loan. He is one of the few friends who had seen me from Bakelite days. I was always a part of his family though we had no common things like age, language, type of job, thought process and so on. In fact we are so dissimilar and we used to fight on many things but we enjoyed each other's company greatly.

Day before on 26th I visited my village. It is about 70 km from Waranagal town. My grandfather and most of my relatives reside there. I mentioned to few of them that I would be leaving my current job and would be going to college. Couple of them gave a weird look and started thinking that I am doing another foolish thing, one of them laughed it off saying till when will you study. Not many of them know even about IIT's and IIM's, which have been existing from long. My village now can boast that some of the current generation has gone to places such as USA, UK, Ireland etc, but few years ago no one would have even dreamt of anything like this happening. The globalization is making an impact on rural life may be in an indirect way as of now.

There are some family issues going on currently and yesterday I was reflecting on what has happened in life till now and was wondering if there is a single family that had no problems. Every family, every person has had some or the other kind of issues, may be that makes us human, otherwise we would be fictionary. I may go again next weekend to discuss what is to be done and my resolve is to bring the truth to the table - truth in terms of facts, emotions, our underlying motives, our mistakes, our idiosyncrasies and only then discuss the current issue. If people are not ready to face truth nothing can ever be achieved. My next few blog posts would focus more and more on my observations and my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment