Test

Test Testy

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wassup? An Update

I don't know about others but I can say one thing about life after ISB, it becomes slow. At ISB so many things keep happening and you hardly can catch up with half of them but outside things move so slowly that you have to keep pushing them hard.

After watching Barack Obama and Michelle Obama talk in the convention and comparing that with the speech of Chiranjeevi, who launched a new party in Andhra Pradesh called "Praja Rajyam," I started writing a post with the title "What are we proud about, as a Nation?" but then stopped midway due to laziness. The question still remains, while Mr. and Mrs. Obama tried to inspire by talking about the values of America, American dream etc etc, Chiranjeevi could hardly inspire, instead he chose to use the cine background and inspire people. He still made an attempt to relate to people. But in India politics are all about community, caste, regionalism and criticism of the opponent but nothing what we stand as a nation and what we want to achieve as a nation. I think I'll leave it here and ask you guys to leave your comments.

On the other hand, I managed to trigger two interesting and won a small corporate battle.

As a part of our ELP we did a project and I made one innovative suggestion. Recently I came across a source that could make that idea a reality. Immediately I got in touch with the entrepreneur and linked him up with the corporate. I am helping this guy with the proposal and I'm sure it is gonna work. There is a lot of thrill in seeing one's idea take shape into reality.

Second, I got in touch with the CEO of an interesting company and started discussing about how his services could be launched in India and what could be the potential. This too is exciting as I could see how local knowledge combined with global expertise can do wonders.

Finally I won a battle with Airtel as a customer. Now I am waiting for a call from an alum with Airtel to decide whether I should turn this into a war and see how a corporate would react to an attack from a customer equipped with a B-school degree. I have already won the battle and I have the required ammunition to take them head on but I am thinking what's-in-it-for-me. However if you are an Airtel Post-paid customer I can share the details privately so that you too can benefit from what I did. Hope that raises curiosity, leave your contact details or write to me if you want a response.

There is an early morning meeting tomorrow, so I must take leave know. Bbye and good night.

2 comments:

  1. hey, i too was airtel post-paid customer till the time i fell into their trap. it was a very annoying and bitter experience. i stopped paying my bills because they did not address my problem and now they have filed a litigation on my name. finally the problem got partially resolved and i paid my rest of the amount and decided to quit. what was your experience like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Mine is a slightly different case. I have just started using Airtel but have been able to win the issue with them. Seeing that not many Airtel post-paid users have responded to this post, I may have to resort to spamming and see that every Airtel Post-paid customer gets a rental free month and older customers actually get interest on one month rental for the period they have been subscribers. I have writing a detailed mail about the issue and how to demand Airtel for the above compensation. I am hoping that this would serve as an example for consumer activism and act as a lesson for all the big advertisers but lousy implementers.

    Request you to wait for some more time - Regards, Kiran

    ReplyDelete