Test

Test Testy

Monday, September 3, 2007

Why did I meet Mr. Naidu?

Mr. Chandrababu Naidu has lot of firsts to his credit. He was the first Chief Minister who tried to run government and bureaucrats with a business like focus. He was the first to hire strategic consultants to advise him. He was the first to adopt IT in a big way, not only providing land to IT companies but expanding IT based services in the government domain.

In the last three years, though the congress government was busy in figuring out which of their promises have to be fulfilled and which ones to be sidelined, development continued to happen as lot of things that were in pipeline during Naidu's term started producing results. This is not to takeaway anything from the current CM. In fact he should greatly appreciated for putting away his anti-IT stand that he displayed during the first few months.

Coming to the actual subject of this post, my objective in meeting Mr. Naidu is multifold.

First, it is due to his efforts that I'm at a place like ISB. Otherwise I would have not been able to think of anything like this. I wanted to tell him that what he did made a difference to lots of people and may be by doing that motivate him to do more.

Second, I have always wanted to do something that would benefit everyone around. There is nothing unique about this as I believe that everyone who is doing well and is happy would like to do that. But many times I wondered what is that I could do at this minute and this led me to the thought of meeting Mr. Naidu. I thought my circle of influence is small, I can influence only those who know me or those whom I know and the impact of this certainly small. But a person like Mr. Naidu can impact society in a big big way. So I thought if I can plant a seed in his mind, may be if it can impact such person, even in a very very minute way, it can produce big big results. By doing such thing I thought I can benefit many more like me. I know for sure that Mr. Naidu knows about all this but I thought I will do my part. You never know what a small event can trigger.

Lastly, till now I have been immersed in the business world and never thought about other aspects of life. But after I met Mr. Parakala Prabhar, a Phd in Economics from LSB, at Sierra, when he gave a talk to Sierra Leaders, I realized that there are many more dimensions that I have not been exposed. The first three terms have definitely affected my thought process and I said if I believe in something I must do it.

There was no specific personal agenda or anything related to ISB, though I urged Mr. Naidu to visit ISB and interact with the student body.

Finally I would like to highlight that if intentions are good, once will get support from different source and things would fall into place automatically. There seems to be an order to all the random events, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment