Test

Test Testy

Monday, October 20, 2008

Time for action

I have been postponing many things in life and i always postponed them saying that i will start working on them as soon as I finish this new big adventure (mainly with my career) I have taken up.

After writing the last blogpost, I felt it is time for me write down my goals afresh and start working on them on a daily basis. It suddenly occurred to me that I have no more excuses and that I should start working.

I am preparing my list of goals and would be working on them on a daily basis. Despite being ambitious, smart (in my perception and hard working (many others would agree with this), I have never worked meticulously; rather I focused on one thing at a time. But now I think I don't have that luxury anymore. Everyday is going to be important and I need to use the time productively to live a life that I would like to. The life I would like to live includes writing blogs and even books, traveling to different places, interacting and collaborating with people on different issues etc etc. Rural India surely occupies a large portion of my mind space and social business is something that I have been thinking from quite sometime.

One simple method to overcome procrastination I have discovered is to make your goals public and to make it really happen, set a deadline (this i have learnt at ISB). This is what I am gonna do from now on.

Happy Diwali to everyone. May the gloom of recession be overcome with the light of optimism

3 comments:

  1. Diwali wishes :)
    procrastination is a universal problem..isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wishes. Wish you a great season of festivals ahead.

    It is a universal problem. If everyone and everything in the universe acts immediately, may be we both would not be existing.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo even i am facing the same problom...should set up challenges for ourself and outdo..thats the only way...

    ReplyDelete