Test

Test Testy

Friday, July 20, 2007

Term break at ISB

Tennis, Squash, Badminton, Water hand ball, CSTR project and Hyderabad visits - these are the activities on everyone's calendar who stayed behind in the term break.

We are climbing a steep mountain; that's exactly what I felt when I had a look at the course packs for Term 3.

There was a proposal to change the study groups from this term. But more than 70% voted against and therefore we will have the same studygroup for the next two terms. For me both the arguments made sense. To develop a team you need atleast two-three months and if you change the group once again, the process has to start again. On the other hand if you stick with the same set of people how would you know others.

In fact I've always worked in dynamically changing teams. Right from the manufacturing days I preferred to expand the team that I work in. I've always poked my nose into other departments trying to understand what they are doing and trying to see if I can do something about it. This has been my strength and weakness. It used to be difficukt for me to let go of things that easily. But after I started with Middle Earth, I've realized the importance of letting things go. Only thing I continue to do is out a checklist for myself to track how things are going and interfere only in extreme cases.

ISB has started another new initiative this year. All those who opted for this program is assigned to an alum with similar bakground. My mentor is Kashyap Kompella. The mail from the Alum Relations office said that I have a 100% match with my mentor. I look forward to interact with him this weekend. That should kind give me more clarity.

Yesterday I stopped a brown hare(in telugu it's called a chevula pilli - cat with long ears)in the campus. May be I will do an adventure trip into the SV1 jungle tomorrow and see if I can spot some reptiles too.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment