Test

Test Testy

Saturday, July 7, 2007

New opportunities

If only that was the case, I would have done that. This is one common phrase lot of people keep using regularly to explain why they didn't do something. But the best ideas come and change happens only when someone thinks as if none of the constraints exist

Today we had Mr. Rajendra Pawar, Chairman NIIT at ISB. He was addressing the students about entreprenuership and how NIIT has started doing a new initiative called Corporate Entrepreneurial Ventures. As a part of this initiative NIIT picked students from ISB and provided them with all the resources and allowed them to work on implementing a idea. He found that the results highly encouraging and he wants to continue and increase the intake in an exponential way.

He sounded quite evangelistic. I think if you make enough money early in life, it gives you the freedom to do what you want to do really. I found his ideas close to ideal and I see a great future for NIIT if they implement what they are planning to do.

After year 2000, it appeared that NIIT was going nowhere and I felt that their period is over. But it seems lot of things happened at NIIT. They have acquired an organization that is into simulations, which has a great potential.

I personally had experienced using simulations twice and I found the learning experience quite powerful. Despite the limitations of a simulation, it has great potential to enhance the learning with a high involvement of the learner.

In the last one week I met up with Dr. Neeraj Mishra, CEO MedRC, Mr. Manish Sabharwal, Founder - Team lease, Mr. Dipak Jain, Dean-Kellogg School of Management and Mr. Rajendra Pawar, Chairman NIIT in the last 10 days and I will be meeting few consultants from Mckinsey tomorrow.

Slowly but surely new opportunities are opening up and I hope it to get more interesting as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment